The OCTIEF Quality Management System documents the Company’s best business practices, which aim to satisfy customer requirements and expectations including any statutory, regulatory or special requirements and improves the overall management of the Company. This will be achieved by the capable implementation of a thorough, innovative and accredited Quality Management System.
The OCTIEF Quality Management System meets the requirements of the international standards ISO 9001:2008 and ISO/IEC 17025:2005. This system allows for the provision of environmental and occupational health and safety consultancy services, including the operation of a NATA accredited laboratory.
OCTIEF’s primary obligation, described above, will continue to be achieved by the satisfaction of the following quality objectives:
a) Total compliance with statutory obligations, standards, specifications and codes of practice relevant to quality management.
b) Continuous improvement of the Quality Management System consistent with certification requirements of AS/NZS ISO 9001 and AS ISO/IEC 17025:2005 through periodic maintenance, monitoring, reviewing and auditing of the system.
c) Provision of qualified, skilled, experienced and suitable resources to implement and maintain the Quality Management System.
d) Create a ‘Learning Environment’ in order to continually improve the skills of our people and their awareness and knowledge of quality issues and practices.
e) Identification, reporting, investigation and resolution of all non-conformances within a reasonable timeframe and acting to prevent their recurrence.
f) Establish, review and communicate performance measures and take action to improve outcomes.
g) Monitor and evaluate the quality performance of consultants, subcontractors and suppliers and implement effective communication with them on quality and compliance issues.
Occupational Health and Safety
OCTIEF operates under a detailed Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) system, which has been developed in accordance with AS/NZS 4801:2001 Occupational Health and Safety Management Systems. This manual supports our commitment to meet or exceed legal and moral occupational health and safety obligations including statutory, regulatory and other requirements.
OCTIEF will ensure that resources are appropriately allocated to guarantee effective implementation, maintenance and improvement of the OCTIEF OHS Management System.
OCTIEF has made a firm commitment to establishing measurable objectives and targets to ensure continued improvement of our OHS Management System aimed at the elimination of work-related injury and illness.
When undertaking activities within the scope of the OCTIEF OHS Management System, all staff will comply with the requirements of this manual and any subordinate procedures or instructions referenced in this document.
OCTIEF operates under an Environmental Management System manual that has been developed in accordance with AS/NZS ISO 14001:2004 – Environmental Management Systems. This manual supports our commitment to meet or exceed legal and moral environmental obligations including statutory, regulatory and any other requirements.
OCTIEF is committed to understanding and minimising any adverse environmental impacts resulting from our organizations day to day operations.
We do this while continuing to meet the expectations of our clients for quality and service, by providing a safe working environment for employees. We believe that all OCTIEF employees and everyone associated with the Company have an important role to play in achieving our environmental objectives and targets.
To this end we will:
- Aim to achieve a level of environmental performance, which goes beyond that required for regulatory compliance;
- Include environmental considerations in our business development strategies to ensure that environmental management remains an integral part of our operations;
- Maintain our structured Health, Safety, Environment, and Quality Management System, which is based on continual improvement and regularly review this system to ensure it remains relevant to our operations;
- Encourage and equip our employees to identify and act upon opportunities to minimise any adverse environmental impacts and issues and to prevent pollution;
- Continue to promote best practice environmental management to all of our customers;
- Strive to remained accurately informed about corporate and commercial environmental impacts, policies, legislation, and management tools; and
- Reward our employees for environmental innovation and excellence.