Octief have launched a cost effective baseline meth screening test to determine meth residue contamination in properties. This test includes accredited laboratory results. Check out more on www.screenformeth.com.au
PROTECT YOUR HOME & FAMILY
Why Test for Methamphetamine?
Recent media articles have reported how prevalent methamphetamine contaminated houses have become across Australia. Research shows that residual contamination levels from smoking of methamphetamine inside a dwelling can be as high as those from a Meth Lab.
Health Risks of Methamphetamine Contamination
The effects of residual methamphetamine contamination in a property has different effects on individuals, with children and babies at highest risk. Some common side effects can include:
- Psychosis, including: paranoia, hallucinations, repetitive motor activity
- Reproductive problems such as birth defects and miscarriages
- Respiratory problems (such as an asthma-like wheeze)
- Children with inattention or ADHD-like behaviour
- Damage to brain, liver and kidneys