Comments : 0
The attached document is an excerpt from the new asbestos laws Work Health and Safety (WHS) Regulations 2011. Download PDF file
Octief can assist with compliance through:
- 422 – identification of ACM by a competent person
- 423 – laboratory analysis to identify ACM through one of our NATA accredited laboratories
- 424 – provision of asbestos identifying labels
- 425 – preparation of a compliant ACM register
- 426 – professional review of ACM registers, with associated advice for removal/containment of ACM
- 427 – cloud based hosting of ACM register in OCTFOLIO to ensure transparent and traceable access register
- 429 – consultation to develop a suitable ACM management plan considering key areas such as identification, signage, training, safe work systems
- 430 – regular review of ACM management plans to ensure suitability and compliance
The full WHS Regulation 2011, WHS Act 2011, and associated Codes of Practices can be downloaded from Safe Work Australia.
With the exception of Victoria and Western Australia, all jurisdictions have committed to implementing the new regime from 1 January 2012.